Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 6 hours
Total time: 6 hours 20 mins
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken stock
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper, optional
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (14.5 ounce) diced tomatoes
- 1 (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 (4 ounce) diced green chilis
- 1 (15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups corn (frozen if out of season)
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 large flour tortillas, cut into thin, 2-inch long strips
- 1 cup shredded pepperjack or Monterey jack cheese
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- In a slow cooker, combine everything except the tortilla strips, shredded cheese, low-fat sour cream, and cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for about 4 hours. Stir in tortilla strips and shredded cheese.
- Cook for an additional 2 hours on low, or until tortilla strips have dissolved into the soup and thickened it.
- Just before serving, stir in sour cream and cilantro. Top with additional garnishes and serve.
Serving size: 8 Calories: 393 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 49g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 561mg Fiber: 9g Protein: 21 Cholesterol: 372mg
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact values