Prep time: 1 hour 35 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Total time: 1 hour 42 mins
- 2 cups chopped white onion, divided
- 3/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 5 Tbsp fresh lime juice, divided
- 3 Tbsp fresh orange juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Corn tortillas
- 1 tsp dried oregano (preferably Mexican)
- 1 pound tilapia, striped bass or sturgeon fillets
- Coarse kosher salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced
- 1/2 small head of cabbage, cored, thinly sliced
- Salsa verde
- Lime wedges
- Mix 1 cup onion, 1/4 cup cilantro, olive oil, 3 Tbsp lime juice, orange juice, garlic, and oregano in medium bowl. Sprinkle fish with coarse salt and pepper. Spread half of onion mixture on bottom of 11x7x2-inch glass baking dish. Arrange fish atop onion mixture. Spoon remaining onion mixture over fish.
- Cover and chill 30 minutes. Whisk milk and remaining 2 Tbsp lime juice in small bowl. Turn fish, pour remaining milk and lime juice over fish, cover and chill 30 minutes longer.
- Brush grill grate with oil and prepare grill (medium-high heat). Grill fish with some marinade still clinging until just opaque in center, 3 to 5 minutes per side. Grill tortillas until slightly charred, about 10 seconds per side.
- Coarsely chop fish; place on platter. Serve with greek yogurt, tortillas, remaining 1 cup chopped onion, remaining 1/2 cup cilantro, avocados, cabbage, salsa verde, and lime wedges.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 278 Fat: 13g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 2g Sodium: 534mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 27g Cholesterol: 52mg
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact value