Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 15 mins
Total time: 1 hour 35 mins
- 1 pound beef filet or ribeye
- 1 tbsp rice wine (dry sherry)
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/4 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 bunch broccolini, washed and chopped into pieces
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- Cooked brown rice for serving
- Wash and pat dry meat, then cut into 1/4-inch slices, cutting diagonally across the grain. In a medium bowl, mix rice wine (dry sherry), soy sauce, sugar and sesame oil. Stir to combine. Add the meat and toss well. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to marinate.
- Heat up a wok or large fry pan over medium-high heat, then add oil. Add onion and cook over a medium heat for 1 minute, stirring constantly. Add garlic and continue cooking and stirring for another minute.
- Turn heat back up to high and then add beef, cooking and stirring it for 1-2 minutes so it browns on all sides. When the beef is browned, but not fully cooked, remove the pan from the heat and place the beef on a plate to rest.
- Place pan back on the heat; add almonds and broccolini. Stir to combine and then cover with a lid and turn heat down to low-medium.
- Let cool, covered for two minutes. Remove lid and stir. Return beef to pan and then mix to combine thoroughly. Serve immediately with steamed brown rice.(Rice is not included in nutritional data.)
Serving size: 4 Calories: 377 Fat: 19g Carbohydrates: 23g Sugar: 6g Sodium: 274mg Fiber: 4g Protein: 27g Cholesterol: 59mg
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact values