Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 45 mins
- 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 2 large sprigs of sage, chopped fine
- Good drizzle of olive oil (about 1 Tbsp)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 cups of walnut pieces (or pecans), if whole, give them a rough chop
- 1 cup of dried cranberries
- Extra virgin olive oil to toss
- Preheat oven to 425ºF (220ºC). The high temperature will allow the sweet potatoes to cook through quickly while crisping their exteriors nicely. If the oven is cooler, you’ll wind up with baby-food mash when you go to toss in with the cranberries and nuts.
- Peel the butternut squash and sweet potatoes and cube them into 1/2-inch pieces. Put them on a sheet tray, drizzle with olive oil and toss with the salt, pepper and the sage.
- Cook, checking at 20 minutes. Once they are caramelized and crisped on the outside, take them out and gingerly dish them out into a bowl. Add in cranberries and nuts, then toss.
- If it needs an extra drizzle of olive oil, go for it! Serve it warm or room temperature. Yummy, hardy and sweet!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 274 Fat: 17g Saturated fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 31g Sugar: 15g Sodium: 96mg Fiber: 5g Protein: 5g
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact values