Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Prep time: 17 mins
Cook time: 1 hour 17 mins
Total time: 1 hour 34 mins
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp garlic powder
- 4 Tbsp onion powder
- 4 portobello mushrooms (wiped clean and stems removed)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 eggplant (peeled and diced)
- 1 cup spinach (frozen)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 plum tomatoes (diced)
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts (brine drained and chopped)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Stir the balsamic vinegar, garlic powder, and onion powder together in a small bowl until blended. Place the mushrooms into a large resealable plastic bag. Pour in the balsamic vinegar mixture, seal bag, and turn gently to coat mushrooms evenly with marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Pour the olive oil into a skillet over medium-high heat. After the oil heats up, stir in the eggplant and spinach; cook and stir until eggplant turns golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from marinade, shake off any excess, and discard marinade. Place mushrooms in prepared dish, top side down. Spoon the eggplant and spinach mixture evenly over the mushrooms. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Divide the tomatoes and artichoke hearts evenly between the mushrooms. Top each mushroom with Parmesan cheese.
- Place in preheated oven, and bake until the cheese melts, about 12 minutes. Serve hot.
- Try topping with diced tomatoes once finished baking for a nice presentation!
Serving size: 1 Calories: 550 Fat: 24g Saturated fat: 11g Carbohydrates: 55g Sugar: 12g Sodium: 826mg Fiber: 11g Protein: 35g Cholesterol: 52mg
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact value