Grilled Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 7 mins
Total time: 37 mins
- 1 tsp lime zest
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 Tbsp cilantro
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 1/2 lbs medium shrimp (about 6 per person)
- Preheat grill to medium-high.
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients except shrimp and stir well. Peel shrimp except for tail, and then devein them. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Place shrimp in large resealable bag. Add marinade and mix well. Place in refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- After 10 minutes in the refrigerator, turn bag and give shrimp another marinade massage. (Do not marinate longer than 20 minutes total, or the acidic lime juice will cook the shrimp).
- Place shrimp on cutting board and nestle them together in groups of six. Using 2 bamboo skewers for each group, skewer the shrimp together (this is for nice presentation, keeps shrimp from falling into the grill and makes them easier to turn).
- Grill shrimp over medium-high heat on an oiled grill rack, 2 minutes per side, or until opaque. Feel free to remove shrimp from skewers or serve as is.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 152 Fat: 6g Saturated fat: 1g Carbohydrates: 6g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 338mg Protein: 18g Cholesterol: 166mg
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact values