Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time: 20 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 20 ounces Jennie-O extra lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup Progresso bread crumbs – Italian Style
- 1 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 large egg whites, fresh
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp minced onion
- Garlic salt/sea salt
- Pepper, to taste
- Oregano, to taste
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- Chopped fresh herbs to garnish (parsley, basil, oregano, etc.)
- Add the onion, garlic, oregano, egg whites, bread crumbs, Parmesan, salt and pepper to a large bowl and blend. Mix in the turkey. Shape the turkey mixture into 1/2 oz meatballs. Place on a large plate or baking sheet.
- In a heavy large frying pan, spray a non stick cooking spray and cook over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs and saute until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Turn off heat. Transfer the meatballs to a plate. Add the marinara sauce to the hot pan, about 3 cups, and bring to a simmer.
- Return all the meatballs to the pan. Turn the heat to medium-low and continue simmering until the sauce thickens slightly and the flavors blend, 15 to 20 minutes. Season the sauce, to taste, with salt and pepper. Garnish with herbs.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 129 Fat: 2g Carbohydrates: 3g Sodium: 179mg Protein: 24g Cholesterol: 38mg
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact values