Prep time: 10 mins
Cook time: 40 mins
Total time: 50 mins
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 5 ounces whole wheat toast
- 2-4 Tbsp olive or canola oil
- 2 egg whites or 1 egg
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (205ºC).
- Line pan with foil, or line pan with rack, resulting in crisper chicken.
- Put whole wheat toast in bag and crush.
- Put crumbs in shallow dish and drizzle the oil over them; tossing well to distribute evenly.
- Beat egg in bowl, add seasoning.
- Coat chicken with the egg mixture then place in crumbs. Sprinkle the crumbs over and press them in. Gently shake off excess crumbs and place chicken in baking dish on rack.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until deep brown.
Serving size: 1 Calories: 493 Fat: 18g Saturated fat: 3g Carbohydrates: 18g Sugar: 1.5g Sodium: 858mg Fiber: 2g Protein: 58g Cholesterol: 146mg
Add roasted potatoes and steamed green beans for a well-rounded meal!
Nutritional values are estimations, not exact values